Friday, February 23, 2007

Funny Sorority Award Ideas

Reporting

Here, take a long time I did not make the shot "I remember." This memory is much less ancient than the memories I have already mentioned in this blog.
It dates back to when my daughter was in elementary school. I was then part of an association of parents and I attended the meetings which were held at school on Saturday morning.
That day we spoke of an incident that had been much talk among the parents.
That first story:

It involves a mother who was also part of the association for many years. She had two girls in school both for many years also in the establishment. Much that was already at the primary and a girl who was last kindergarten class. One morning the teacher of his second daughter (who was also director of the school) appears in front of it a bump. She asks the child (5 years): "What is it?" The boy replied: "It's mom who did this to me." It is neither one nor two, it sets in motion a process of reporting, only without talking to the mom to know her story.
The next day the mother is called to the school doctor who asks her to undress the child to see if she has no bruises elsewhere.

The mother, who is kind of quite nervous and a little big mouth, did what he said without mufti. But once out, it starts to make a scandal with other moms, a member of the association and also her friends. She is outraged that we have been able to both think she beat her daughter and make a report without hearing it before.
As I know I talk to her and explain what happened. In fact the girl is a little demon in the air of an angel. The day of the incident, she annoyed her sister who was trying to do his homework. The mother takes her by the arm and tries to bring out the kid in the room of his sister. She struggled and managed to drop his mother. But given that it derives from his side from a stroke and pat his head on the doorpost. In his child's head, if she has this bump is the fault of his mother, where his response to the teacher.

So we end this meeting (the mom in question is not there) and before we start talking about something else, the director has to tell us about this incident to "silence the rumors," she said. So it tells you what I said at the beginning. She adds that she also reported the reaction to the medical school indignant mom and they both conclude that if the mother has this reaction is that there is something fishy.

On my seat, I feel anger. I think "this mother has been known for a long time there has never been a problem with his children, neither large nor small who are in that school for years and saw a small bump (it also had two days when it instit is seen) and a childish response, it immediately triggers the reporting process and the more one enjoys the rumor with the terms fishy ".

When the director asks if anyone has anything to say and I see that the "friends" of the mother does not react, I can not help but open my big mouth. Therefore I speak in these terms.

I begin by saying that instead of this mother I would probably react the same way, indignant. What I hear reporting process and I'd hear about human relations. it might be had first heard the mother before coming here, especially that this mum is known and there has never been a problem with her children. And he was still time to file a report if it happened again.

She replied that I do not know what I'm talking about (thank you contempt) and wait a second incident is too late.

Well, I do not mind that there may be some cases where there is an emergency, then it does not seem the case at all. At least hear the version of the mother before. But it would have required that a principal is able to communicate with parents other than the aggressive mode, which was not the case.

So what I remember most of it is lack of communication from the woman who sheltered behind a process for fear of facing a parent.
The other thing I remember is the cowardice of the so-called friends of the mom who said nothing, then they supported it before her.
And finally, how quickly we can spread a rumor and especially how we can interpret a reaction (she was indignant, so that it has something to be ashamed).

0 comments:

Post a Comment